EMR Consultant 4063
Vision Continental’s Health Care
- Responsible for leading the successful implementation of the Epic Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) System in the employed physician practices.
- Manages all project implementation and support staff. Interviews candidates and recommends implementation staff hires and changes as appropriate. Ensures that implementation staff is provided all the necessary tools, including training to be successful. Establish and promote the use of structured project management standards and methods.
- Develops project schedules and work plans. Diagnoses problems and identify potential solutions, and work to resolve in a timely manner. Evaluates work flow implications and sets implementation plans to support changes in practice. Monitors performance by managing reporting and dashboard indicators.
- Manages project operations to budget. Identifies potential and actual variances from budget and develops corrective action plans as necessary. Assists with preparation of annual project budgets Determines the appropriateness of incurring additional serves as primary liaison with physicians and their staff to ensure successful implementation and on-going performance
- Provides first-level issue resolution with all providers as it relates to the PM / EMR and related hardware. Communicates with physicians and seeks input. Provides regular reports to the IT/EMR Subcommittee of the physician enterprise. Participates in project-related meetings as well as physician enterprise management and team meetings. Makes recommendations to the IT/EMR Subcommittee for template changes.
- Epic Ambulatory Certified
- PMP certified
SR Software developer
- Contribute collaboratively within a creative and fast paced environment, designing innovative solutions that are architecturally solid and scalable. Drive new feature development without requiring regular supervision.
- Works with Business Analysts to deliver complex configurable solutions Design, develop, implement and maintain complex Electronic Medical Record software products. Codes, debugs and makes recommendation on software enhancements Formulate complex systems scope and objectives.
- Participate in requirements gathering, definition and documentation. Analyze and solve conceptual and complex problems/situations of a global nature. Design teams to define MEDITECH next generation of Electronic medical Record
Wellmont Health System
- Supports new project development for the Electronic Medical Records System which includes system analysis, planning, and preparation for testing and go live initiatives.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for EMR and to ensure that systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice. Interprets clinical processes and tasks, converts them into system processes.
- Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration Develops/maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly.
- Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents. Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and perform unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
- Develops, supports, and maintains documentation and procedures as needed, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues, as well as, any software code modifications or enhancements. Logs, tracks, analyze and coordinate system changes including any software code implementations.
- Develops test scripts; provides testing of systems and changes, reports issues, and monitors process of resolution Works closely with end users to identify business needs; works closely with the reporting team to identify data elements in design and build to help them build user reports.
- Acts as a liaison between all patient departments, business partners and technical staff in defining and meeting business objectives. Assures that stated objectives of EMR projects are attainable within budgeted system and resource constraints.
- Promotes end user acceptance of new processes, procedures, and automation of clinical practices. Participates as active, engaged team member by successfully completing assigned team tasks as documented in Work Plan and by serving as a primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
- Creates and maintain regular status reports to immediate Team Leader / Project Manager as needed. Supports all project team members with application and information system knowledge. Is primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database?
- Provides expertise and experience to the development of activation plans, application activation tasks, and production environment readiness.Pro-actively takes ownership of issues and participates in problem resolution process; escalates issues to team lead as necessary.
- Documents, develops, supports and maintains business and system requirements and configures system based on clinical knowledge/expertise. Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials; Identifies and communicates user training requirements for clinical systems.
- Participates in design and implementation of training with to end users as needed. Creates documentation as needed for end user training. Manages and monitors end user feedback for acceptance; enhancements requests and escalation of issues as needed.
Carnegie Mellon University
- MBA. Computer Science
- BS. Computer Science