Oil & Gas Consultants 7980
Drilling Superintendent Consultant
Vision Continental Energy Resources Services - June 2012 – Current:
- Providing day-to-day management of Drilling and Completion well-site supervisors including hiring, scheduling, and supervision.
- Implementing stated company Environmental, Health, and, Safety Policy through pro-active management at the field level.
- Managing projects and timing in a multi-disciplined environment to achieve Division goals d include overall logistics from site-construction through hand-off to Production Group.
- Working with Drilling and Completion engineers as peers to develop safe and low cost procedures for well operations.
- Working with Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) for identification of qualified vendors in multiple areas.
- Identifying, evaluating, and selecting of qualified drilling and completion rigs.
- Having direct input and responsibility for cost control and ensuring operations stay within budget
Gas de France February 2009 – March 2012
Senior Drilling Superintendent
- Ensure all rig activities are conducted in accordance with contract terms and conditions, utilizing proper operating procedures and techniques for safe and environmentally sound operations. Promote and ensure compliance with Corporate HES policies and standards throughout the entire drilling operation, including Drilling Contractors and Service Partners.
- Actively support OE in office environment by participating in BBS and MSW programs, safety meetings, providing OE moments, etc. Demonstrate Chevron Way Behaviors and expect the same from others. Provides strong mentorship towards the professional growth of others.
- Serve as member of the DWEP Drilling and Completion (D&C) OE Leadership Team. Provide other Leadership Team members with feedback and lessons learned on efforts and results to achieve IFO.
- Assures that all rig site task specific procedures have been risk assessed and assure that the rig site quality assurance/quality control plan requirements are addressed. Express to rig site personnel their Stop Work Authority on a routine basis, and illustrate the benefits of same at pre-tour meetings.
BG Group plc -2008 -Feb. 2009:
V.P. East Africa Operations
- Mining and Exploration Company mainly involved in licensing of land parcels, Government liaising and Public Relations.
BP Corporation 2004 – 2008
SR Drilling Superintendents
- Drilling Group Lead – Calgary Office – Designing, developing and
implementing well drilling programs for horizontal under-balanced and conventional oil and gas wells in Alberta and B.C.
- There were 5 Drilling Superintendents reporting to me in this position and during my tenure safety events, drilling days per well and drilling costs were all dramatically reduced.
Shell Corporation 2002 to 2004
- Responsible for coordinating equipment, personnel and day to day operations of up to 80 drilling rigs. Superintendent for the South Sierra field in Northeastern B.C. focusing on the Jean Marie natural gas play.
These wells were all drilled horizontal under balanced using a nitrogen and foam system. Very successful drilling programs and cost efficient wells were accomplished on a consistent year to year basis.
Mastco Derrick Services Ltd 1998 – 2002
- Working and supplying drilling consultants to various oil companies across Canada. Involved in drilling all types of shallow and deep wells from B.C. to New Brunswick ,horizontal under balanced wells with nitrogen and foam systems responsible for 4 drilling rigs .Also, contract drilling coordinator for Rio Alto Resources drilling deep horizontal under balanced wells in the Hinton, Edson and Grande Cacheareas using nitrogen and D-22 systems.
Hess Corporation 1990 – 1994
- Coordination of the rig crews, three or four crews.
- Management of the day-to-day drilling activities.
- Adherence to environmental and other government laws and policies
- Conducting prep work prior to rig set up.
- Handling personnel issues
Education & Training:
- Energy Resources Engineering School of earth science
- PhD degrees in Petroleum Engineering
- MBA: Mechanical Engineering
Texas A&M University
- Bachelor of Science, Petroleum Engineering
Certifications & Achievements:
- Second Line Supervisor’s Well Control
- Safety Management and regulatory Awareness
- H2S Alive
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Behavior Based Safety Training
Highly committed, consultant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills experience 25 years of oilfield drilling experience with valuable insight and hands-on experience handling and managing many diverse drilling operations.