Oil & Gas Consultants 7513
Vision Continental Energy Resources
05-2004 To present
Responsible for establishing and promoting the maintenance of a safe, injury free, and healthy work environment for Clients. Key accomplishments include the following:
Development and implementation of a hazard identification and control process integrated into existingsystems to improve the quality of job hazard analysis, behavioral observations and incident investigations.
Developed and implemented HSE&T Operational Plan for 2012 that focused on the following elements to ensure continual process improvement: leadership development, accountability, employee participation and recognition, compliance audits, hazard identification and control, management systems, training and skills development, environmental compliance, driver safety, fleet safety, water cut prevention, branch safety performance promotion, incident investigation, and development of our safety professionals.
Member of multiple Operational Leadership Teams showing improvement in all phases of HSE&Q.
- Director and Managerial experience for Fortune 100 equivalent business lines/ companies.
- Coordinated direct reduction in incident rates and serious incidents as a result of implemented initiatives.
- Experience in downstream/ midstream/ chemicals and E&P functions of oil and gas.
- Experienced in program development including full HSE Management System development and improvement plans.
- Advanced educational training in engineering and business.
- Certified Safety Professional and certified in Six Sigma.
Sean Christopher Parks
All aspects of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), fire protection and crisis management. Experience in business development activities and quality improvements/ six sigma.
Global EHS Manager
BP Project Helios – construction of a commodity trading 6-story Platinum LEED Building ($400M), – Contract Value: $400MM
Provide support and assistance to management, employees and contractors (e.g. contractor pre-qualifications, Emergency Action Plan, OSHA 10-hour training, etc.).
Environmental Health & Safety activities (documentation and training) at BP’s WestLake Campus in Houston, TX.
Coordination of HSE documentation from company to client, contributed to weekly and monthly management reporting for client; oversight of trend analysis, and meetings with management to address issues or concerns.
Conducted OSHA 500 Training for all personnel and sub-contractors working on the project insured a global presence, providing the widest range of valve solutions and services for every application in the energy and process control industries. DFS manufactures on-off valves, control valves, actuators, instrumentation, chemical injection pumps and compact manifolds.
- Managed all environmental, health & safety for twelve manufacturing sites in North America and fifteen sites in Europe, Asia and Latin America (3500 employees approximately) with a staff of five EHS Professionals.
- Reduced recordable incidents by 54% and lost time incidents by 45% in 2004. Workers comp incurred cost reduced 76% in 2004.
- Developed standardized Safe Work Practice and Environmental Work Practice format for use globally in DFS facilities.
- Implemented weekly safety ‘tailgate’ meetings at all North American locations that are led by supervisors covering a wide range of EHS topics.
- Completed all customer pre-qualification questionnaires regarding DFS EHS performance including incident statistics, EHS programs, training, etc.
- Reviewed federal, state and local regulations and disseminated significant changes throughout the organization.
- Established performance plans for all sites including annual training plans, inspection schedules and responsibilities necessary to comply with governmental regulations.
- Performed due diligence work for all potential acquisitions for environmental and safety issues. Review Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments to determine corrective actions necessary to address potential areas of environmental concern.
- Coordinated loss control and prevention activities in conjunction with the company’s insurance broker to reduce risk. Some projects included installation of sprinkler systems, fixed CO2 fire suppression for ovens, fire equipment impairment programs, and emergency evacuation system upgrades.
- Involved in two OSHA audits and three RCRA environmental audits from state regulatory agencies. Participated in the closing conference for both OSHA audits discussing corrective actions, proposed citations, and payment agreements.
Upstream Oil & Gas HSE & Regulatory Specialist
HSE and Regulatory professional support services for newbuild & brownfield oil & gas development projects, including deepwater Gulf of Mexico floating offshore oil & gas facilities and onshore shale gas development in the Eagle Ford and Permian areas of South Texas.
GOM Deepwater Regulatory; ABS Class FOI; New Project HSE Management, Regulatory Affairs, Oil & Gas Project permitting, Shale Gas, Eagle Ford, Permian, Regulatory
Continental Resources, Inc.
- Managed all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality for an international Oil and Gas company.
- Direct, develop and approve environmental, health and safety hazard analysis within the requirements of approved plans, supporting project cost controls with regard to health safety, environmental and quality procurement.
- Reporting directly to Executive Management to maintain a high level of communication pertaining to activities in support of project programs, project HSEQ performance, and changes in conditions which might have an impact on established hazard controls.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the development of global quality standards and quality management systems designed to ensure continuous improvement consistent with corporate quality policy, and established industry codes and standards.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the development of global quality standards and quality management systems designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with corporate quality policy and established industry codes and standards into Repsol’s management system.
- Developed and implemented Repsol’s critical vendor contractor management program.
- Proven track record in helping the world’s tenth largest integrated oil company to seize new opportunities while managing volatility and risk.
- Successfully providing technical support and direction with regard to programs such as: submitting operational quality metrics, statistical data collection techniques and measurement systems to corporate office; federally required training; procuring PPE in accordance with regulations and project plans; investigating low to high risk level project incidents; documenting compliance through the use of inspections, audits and industrial hygiene sampling; evaluate and counsel employee’s health and safety concerns; organize and conduct safety meetings; coordinate, manage and lead corporate quality audits as necessary.
Key Energy Services, Inc
October 2001– October 2006 (5 years 1 month)
- Provided health, safety and environmental planning assistance and guidance to manage personnel of major oil and gas corporations such as Shell Exploration and Production Company, Chevron and Ocean Energy.
- Maintained a working knowledge of safety codes, OSHA, EPA, MMS, emergency preparedness, and hazardous materials.
- Perform incident and proactive analysis for trend identification and measurement purposes.
- Responsible for conducting incident investigations, identifying root causes, corrective actions, best practices and recommended enhancements.
- Implemented the HSE management system on multiple locations for clients.
- Conduct auditing and hazard identification/risk analysis for both onshore and offshore locations.
- Interface with personnel to identify compliance risk and improvement opportunities.
- Maintain audit database and provide leadership team members with statistical reports.
- Develop and implement site-specific health, safety and environmental plans with focus on maintaining proper compliance levels within the Standard Operating Procedures and OSHA.
- Conduct SSE (Short Service Employee) programs and TRIR (Total Recordable Incident Rate) maintenance in conjunction with BBSM (Behavior Based Safety Management).
- University of Houston - Masters of Petroleum Engineering
- University of Houston - Bachelor of Science (BS) in Petroleum Engineering